We wanted an internal site that would communicate content to us as creatives in an appealing way. The intention was for it to be a portal for a variety of things from ways to poll employees, gather suggestions, alert people to fill out time sheets and many other purposes. I worked along with a UX designer to build a clean and compartmentalized but fun and quirky design.
2014 was all about creating the perfect Hackathon event. I was lucky enough to be on the team that not only got to plan it, but got to create all of the materials that went along with it. Everything from posters to the website to prizes and the agenda. It was an amazing turnout company wide that spanned the US and India. Fabulous prizes and over 30 hours of fun and app design. Amazing!
Optum wanted to redesign their Employee Assistance program into a much more modern and user friendly application. The app was to be designed for use by employees as a means of getting any type of assistance whether it be mental health, dog grooming, house hunting, etc. You could even use the app to set your various appointments, get reminders and do your own research or have an actual assistant assigned to you.
The idea came to me from a discussion about how a workplace often becomes a family or at the very least, a community unto itself. Then we wanted a name that would reflect that in spite of anything that could happen to you in life, you were a survivor and could get through it together, which lead us to the name We Thrive. Thrive immediately lead me to bees and in my research I realized that a bee colony is much like a very cohesive creative team with varying roles and responsibilities but all of it leads to the support of a greater community. The obvious imagery came into existence and the bee became our mascot. In the end, funding did not come through and there is an existing publication in the healthcare field called WeThrive but I felt good about what we created and I'm very proud of what we designed.
Senior Executives at Optum wanted a one stop, cohesive hub where they could view charts/graphs that would show how each of their portfolios, projects, and individual teams were adopting the Agile Process. In addition, they wanted to be able to scale up or down from a micro to macro level and vice versa to see how they, and their teams compared to the rest of the organization. I conceptualized the design that sold the project and ended up funding the project to a scale of $350k in billability per month over the last year and is due to continue into the foreseeable future. This project with fraught with many challenges ranging from data collection issues, software limitations (we used Tableau for charting our data) and tight deadlines but this team is strong and intelligent and it's come a very long way and I learned a to about UX Design.